Monday, January 12, 2009

Nightmares

It all started with the nightmares .. 

Is this a dream? Am I asleep? Is this really happening to me? 

Strapped in a strait jacket, I find myself stationed uncomfortably on a hard metal chair .. Two uniformed police officers stand over me, staring down at me .. One of them tugs forcefully on the jacket’s straps to verify that they are secure .. The other suddenly jerks my feet up off the floor almost pulling me from my chair in the process ..

Holding my shoes by the heels, he allows the first policeman to lock a pair of inversion boots tightly around my ankles ..

Next, I hear that distinct tearing sound as one of the officers rips off a couple yards of duct tape from a large gray roll with his teeth .. Together, the two meticulously wrap the tape steadfastly around the boots and over the buckles, making absolutely certain the boots won’t fly open once I’m hanging upside down .. 

Unable to move either my arms or feet, I attempt to see just how tight the strait jacket is by wriggling back and forth in my steel folding chair ..

There is no give, no slack at all .. I am completely confined ..

( To Be Continued .. )

No comments: